Monday, October 21, 2013

The Quilt That Started It All


 Sadly, I missed blogging about my 1 year anniversary of quilting. 
I made my very first quilt just over a year ago.

I never followed quilting blogs and I didn't know anyone who quilted. 
On a whim in JoAnn fabric, I saw the beautiful batiks and picked out a quilting book. 


I had always wanted to learn how to quilt. Always. Just one of those things.
I thought to myself, "By Golly, I'm going to learn. I'm just going to do it."


I was sixteen weeks pregnant and at the time did not know the gender of our baby. I picked out girl colors. It took me twenty hours.
And much to my surprise: $80.

I was so happy with it and I learned so much. 
 I'm still happy quilting.
 I'm still learning.
 I'm continuing to grow.
And I still LOVE those batiks.
And I love the little girl who gets wrapped up and snuggled in it every day.




1 comment:

  1. You and I seem to have started quilting right around the same time ! My one year anniversary of my first quilt being finished will be at Thanksgiving this year ! It is so amazing how much we have grown in just one year, I can not wait to see what we have done by next year !

    ReplyDelete