Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIP Pink and Yellow Garden Lap Quilt

So I started and nearly completed one quilt today and almost finished another that I was experimenting with what I dub as "machine tying." 

I went to the church to help with our Relief Society service project this morning to help make some lap quilts. We are gathering and making lap sized quilts, crocheted/knitted blankets, and shawls for our local nursing homes. The goal is 100 items by November. 




So here are some teaser shots of one of them I made today from donated fabrics and someone's orphan block.



I was really excited to practice my free-motion quilting some more. I should have the both completed within the next couple days because all they need is binding! It's been a productive day!




1 comment:

  1. You are much faster than me. Love the colors in the quilt and I enjoyed your quilting. Gave me a little inspiration. I've got a couple quilts I need to get quilted.

    ReplyDelete