Wednesday, July 31, 2013

6 Year Old's Work-in-Progress and Mine

My six year old started his first quilt today. He is so excited.


I let him have a baby quilt kit I  had bought on clearance a while ago.




I cut the pieces out for him today. He is making it for his baby sister.



He's doing a great job!


As for me, I finished the binding on my other two quilts and will share them with you once I get good pictures. This is another quilt being made from donated fabrics from my church. We are doing a service project of making lap quilts for local nursing homes.




This was my first attempt at appliqué and I was very happy with how it turned out. I finished the quilt top tonight, but these are pictures I took earlier today.

I'm enjoying the creative process of making do with limited quantities of fabric that I probably would not have picked out myself and try to make something beautiful for someone else. It's a big stress-reliever.



I'm also learning new skills along the way with no pressure to make it "worth my time and money."  I also like to think of the little old lady who will be kept warm by this little quilt. I hope she enjoys it.

WIP Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. His and hers projects...I like them both!! What a tender heart your son has to make a quilt for his sister!! Cute fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purple on black is lovely! And kudos to your son, I cant wait to see his quilt. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too cute and look at his big ole smile, he looks so cute and proud!


    I am stopping by from the WIP hop, hop on by if you get the chance :) http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/07/wip-wednesday-july-31st-edition.html

    ReplyDelete