Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pyramid Star WIP



I haven't posted in several days because I've been too busy sewing! I've made a skirt and marching appliqué shirt and nightgown for a young birthday girl but will wait for her to model them for pictures... But I have figured I'm no tailor. Clothes are tricky things for me.


My mom gave me a stack of scraps left over from the baby quilt she made my oldest. Some of the fabrics are special like some from her grandmother and some from my grandma on my dad's side. What to do with equilateral triangles sewn together in pairs?
I've had them for a while and figured I'd dump them into some big scrappy orphan quilt one day. 

Then inspiration struck. And I had just enough.
My mom is going to love it.

I'm about half way done quilting it at this point. 

4 comments:

  1. Great job turning those pairs of triangles into a star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be avery special gift for your mom. I like your little one's drawing underneath it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my Fabric Giveaway post and for following. I wanted to let you know that you're showing up as a no-reply blogger today!

    And- your quilt is really pretty. I'm sure your mom will love it!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and cute gift for your mom!

    ReplyDelete