Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not This Decade's Color Palette

Anyone ever have to deal with polished cotton? It's really stiff like its been starched heavily, but feels better after it is washed. It was interesting to sew with such stiff pieces. I'm dating this fabric to the early nineties, maybe? I got a whole big bag of scraps of it at a thrift store for $2.00. I'm guessing I got about four or five yards worth of big strips of scraps. It's nice fabric, not my taste, but nice fabric. I'm just playing around with them and having fun without worrying about wasting or ruining fabric. It's nice. And fun.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at www.freshlypieced.com

2 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric! I recently got some fabrics at the thrift store too.not really good quilting fabric but good for other crafts. It's been fun being able to experiment for almost free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd never thought of that as a way to try things out for almost free. Good thinking, I just cut up our old sheets!

    ReplyDelete