Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rainbow Lone Star Quilt

colorful, vibrant, stunning
This rainbow lone star quilt is my favorite so far.
I love the colors.
I love the star.
I love the scrappiness.
I love the borders.
I love the history behind some of the fabrics. The hunter green is from the scraps my mother used to make me a dress when I was about 8 years old.


I made it for my daughter who is four years old.


She requested pink and rainbows. She also nearly handpicked every fabric in it, because she "wanted it all" in her quilt. It took alot of brainstorming to figure out how I was going to use the fabrics she requested and it be coherent.


While I love pieced backs done on purpose, I truly lacked that much fabric and I took my leftovers to complete it.

Linking up with Show and Tell Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I LOVE this! It's my favourite quilt I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS rendition!
    I love the yellow/purple frame around the star points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a last minute decision, but it really made the quilt pop.

      Delete
  3. Your star is beautiful, and your daughter has excellent taste! Perhaps a little designer in the making???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! Ps, as my last quilt is in your bucket list, I thought you might be interested in the drafting pattern tutorial I put up on my blog for pieced kites for my spiderweb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant, I love how the colours radiate out from the centre. It's extra special have memory fabrics included too.

    ReplyDelete