Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pink Lone Star Baby Quilt

Linking up with  Quilt Story

This small baby quilt is still one of my favorites, despite all the imperfections.

I had seen this Lone Star quilt pattern several times on the internet and fell absolutely in love with it. 

Everywhere I had read had the same message: it's not for beginners. Well, this beginner had at it! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! 
I have since made several more that are throw sized. I am smitten with this pattern. 
The diamonds are 1 1/4" wide.

This one is small and measures around 33" by 33".




3 comments:

  1. Love the small diamonds! Next time I make a lone star I want to do them that size! Your star/quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that the small diamond are easier than the bigger, less stretch. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I have been sooooo tempted to try the lone-star but the diamonds have me terrified ! Free motion quilting ? bring that one ! Triangles ? no problem .... diamonds ... are more terrifying then partially open closet doors in a dark room LOL !

    ReplyDelete