Friday, June 7, 2013

Pieced by my Mom

This quilt has a special history. It was pieced by my mom back in the early 90s and we found it stashed in her sewing supplies.  I just recently quilted and bound it for her.


My mom has only tried piecing a handful of times. She gets embarrassed that her blocks don't match up. I don't know about y'all, but I don't see the imperfections so much. I think it's beautiful and that she did a great job. I especially love the colors, even if they are 90s fabric. I'm happy to report she was thrilled that it was finished and how the quilting turned out.


On an even more special note, the backing is from fabric she had that belonged to her own grandmother that I never met.
When I see this quilt, I see women I love.

Linking up with Link a Finish Friday.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and wonderful story. I don't see the imperfections, either, but a lot of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt! Love that you finished it up for your mother. Great border work too. What a fabulous color combination this quilt is. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her that there is no such thing as an imperfection in quilting, they are called Divine Design Decisions !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so nice! To remember what was available back then, it's amazing how lovely this turned out. And, the story is sweet too. You need to treasure this quilt just for the memories of your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete