Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP Purple Chevron

Thank you to everyone who gave me some input about the arrangement of the half square triangles! I was amazed how there could be so many designs from such a simple block. And I know there are a lot more, too!

Chevrons won, but mostly because the recipient's mother cast her vote. I'm hoping to get this finished up tonight to give tomorrow to my precious niece.

Just in case the previous pictures were too mustard yellow, I took out a lot of the darker yellows and replaced them with softer ones and also added a lot more of the purple with pink flowers to make it a little more cohesive. Sometimes I think I get a little too scrap happy. I'm hoping I can get some better pictures with natural lighting when I'm done.


Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday


7 comments:

  1. This is gonna be a beauty! Love the chevron pattern and your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a purple AND yellow chevron. it's great! so scrappy. i've been playing with hst's lately, too. they are so fun with the endless combinations. truly endless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The yellow is quite bold, but I hope it doesn't overwhelm the final product...we will see. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. That looks like a super fun quilt- love the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those are cheerful chevrons! Very nice:)

    ReplyDelete